WrestleMania 33 will be held on April 2, 2017 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. Once again this year, Pip, Mark and I will renew our feud with the most fearsome structure known to guys who pretend they’re much younger than they actually are… The Beeramid.
Starting way back with WrestleMania 25 Drinking game in 2009, we’ve chronicled our rules here on the site. It’s pretty tremendous to be able to look back at the times we’ve had. I can’t speak for Pip or Mark, I can tell you that I look forward to WrestleMania weekend all year round.
In 2015 for WrestleMania 31 we had a rough go as Pip wasn’t feeling well and Mark had just welcomed a new baby so he was going on no sleep. We rebounded nicely last year, returning to form. As we prepare for this year’s attempt the question has to be asked: Are we slowing down in our old(er) age or will we once again rage against the machine? Time will tell.
Starting with the WrestleMania 28 Drinking Game, we established some rules (10) for our game that would carry over from year to year and other rules (10 ish) that would be specific to that year’s Mania.
Year Over Year Rules
- 1 drink for a missed match outcome
- 3 drinks if title match
- 5 drinks if main event
- 1 drink for foreign object
- 3 drinks for a bloody wrestler
- 5 if an announcer references a “crimson mask”
- 3 drinks for (unannounced) legend appearance or a surprise return
- 1 drink for a small package attempt
- finish beer if it wins the match
- 3 drinks for a face / heel turn
- 2 drinks for a submission victory
- 5 drinks for a double count out or double DQ
- 1 drink for a finisher
- 2 if opponent kicks out
- 4 if it’s reversed
- Finish beer if the reversal directly leads to pin fall or submission
- 1 drink every time they show footage of a previous WrestleMania (not including intro montage)
WrestleMania 33 Specific Rules
- 1 drink for a reference to the “Ultimate Thrill Ride”
- 5 drinks if the crowd revisits the “nananana hey hey goodbye” chant form the last Lesnar/Goldberg WM match (submitted by Joe C)
- 3 drinks if a match is referred to as a “slobberknocker”
- 1 drink every time the Undertaker goes “old school”
- 10 drinks if the Lesnar / Goldberg match goes less than a minute
- 5 drinks for an appearance of “Sister Abigail”
- 5 drinks if Shane is thrown or falls off something other the ring or ropes
- 5 drinks for outside interference in the Reigns – Taker match
- Finish beer if John Cena proposes
- 5 drinks for a Finn Balor appearance – 7 if it’s during the HHH match
Check back to this post from now till the opening bell of WrestleMania 33. Feel free to leave a comment below with a rule for this year’s game!