WrestleMania 36 will be held on Sunday, April 5, 2020 at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. Last year there was some question as to whether or not Pip would be making his yearly trek to Cleveland to watch the show but I’m thrilled to say that this year that’s not the case – it’s booked baby!
UPDATE: Sadly, with COVID hitting the States, Pip will not be making his yearly trip to Cleveland 🙁 Mania will now be a TWO night event and I’ll be watching… and drinking. Stay safe everyone.
Last year’s Beeramid was smaller than in years past, partially due to the fact that we’re getting older and partially due to the fact that we don’t drink like we used to. Not sure if we’re going to make a run at it this year (if I had to guess I’d say we will) but I’ve been asked several times if we were going to put our list out this year so here it is!
First for a little history lesson…
Starting way back with WrestleMania 25 Drinking game in 2009, we’ve chronicled our rules here on the site. It’s awesome for me to be able to look back at the times we’ve had. Starting with the WrestleMania 28 Drinking Game, we established some rules (10) for our game that would carry over from year to year and other rules (10 ish) that would be specific to that year’s Mania.
Year Over Year Rules
- 1 drink for a missed match outcome
- 3 drinks if title match
- 5 drinks if main event
- 1 drink for foreign object
- 3 drinks for a bloody wrestler
- 3 drinks for (unannounced) legend appearance or a surprise return
- 1 drink for a small package attempt
- finish beer if it wins the match
- 3 drinks for a face / heel turn
- 2 drinks for a submission victory
- 5 drinks for a double count out or double DQ
- 1 drink for a finisher
- 2 if opponent kicks out
- 1 drink every time they show footage of a previous WrestleMania (not including intro montage)
- 3 drinks for a title change
WrestleMania 36 Specific Rules
We’re still a couple of weeks out and the card still needs to come together. Check back to this post from now till the opening bell of WrestleMania 36 for new rules being added.
- 1 drink every time Becky Lynch is referred to as ‘The Man’
- 1 drink every time ‘Suplex City’ in mentioned
- 1 drink every time something is referred as ‘WrestleMania moment’
- 1 drink for every reference of ‘Coronavirus’ or ‘COVID-19’ (I actually don’t think this will be too often but I’d be remiss to not include it)
- 1 drink to every reference of an ’empty arena’
- Drink every time people play to the nonexistent crowd (rule courtesy Tom)
- Half beer if Ronda Rowsey returns – finish new beer if she walks away with a title
- 1 drink every time we can hear a wrestler call a spot
- 5 drinks if HHH ends up wrestling a match
- 1 drink if they refer to The Undertaker as ‘Mark Calloway’
- 2 drinks for each McMahon family cameo (Vince, Shane, Steph or Linda)
- 1 drink for any reference to the XFL
Feel free to leave a comment below with a rule for this year’s game!