WrestleMania 29 will take place on April 7th, 2013 in East Rutherford, New Jersey at MetLife Stadium. For the 8th time, Pip and I (and returning for a 3rd year in a row my brother Marko) will renew our feud with the most fearsome structure known to guys who pretend they’re much younger than they actually are… The Beeramid.
No roman numerals this year? Not sure, but at this point, ever reference to the show that I’ve seen says “WrestleMania 29” as opposed to “WrestleMania XXIX”. In fact, this year’s logo (pictured here) doesn’t even have a reference to the number. If I had to guess, we’ll see WrestleMania XXX next year but beyond that they’ll either drop the number in the logo or at least drop the roman numerals as they’ve done this year.
This is the 5th time that we’ve chronicled our drinking games here on the site. I have to say it’s awesome to be able to look back at the fun (and drunk) times we’ve had and while I can’t speak for Pip or Mark, I can tell you that I look forward to Mania weekend all year round.
Unlike last year, the WWE has not yet announced any matches for Mania, but posters we’ve seen to this point have The Rock, Brock Lesnar and John Cena on them so the smart money is we’ll see those guys in the main event(s) in some way, shape or form.
Speaking of last year…
With the WrestleMania 28 Drinking Game, we started a new tradition where we’d have some rules (10) for our game that would carry over from year to year and some rules (10) that would be specific to that year’s Mania.
Year Over Year Rules
- 1 drink for a missed match outcome / 3 drinks if title match / 5 drinks if main event
- 1 drink for foreign object
- 3 drinks for a bloody wrestler / 5 if an announcer references a “crimson mask”
- 3 drinks for (unannounced) legend appearance or a surprise return
- 1 drink for a small package attempt / finish beer if it wins the match
- 1 drink for each reference to the sponsored song
- 2 drinks for a submission victory
- 5 drinks for a double count out or double DQ
- 1 drink for a finisher / 2 if opponent kicks out / 4 if it’s reversed / Finish beer if the reversal directly leads to pin fall or submission
- 1 drink every time they show footage of a previous WrestleMania
WrestleMania 29 Specific Rules
- 10 drinks for a John Cena heel turn
- 5 drinks for every Rock movie trailer
- 7 drinks if a single title changes hands more than once during the event
- 5 drinks if HHH dresses like Conan
- 5 drinks if Dolph Ziggler cashes in Money in the Bank / 10 drinks if he wins the title
- 2 drinks every time Jerry Lawler says “puppies”
- 10 drinks if Warrior makes an appearance
- 5 drinks for a ref bump / 7 if next ref gets bumped, etc.
- 7 drinks for a an Undertaker / Lesnar confrontation
- 3 drinks for a SHIELD run in
- 5 drinks for a weather related event (wind blows something down, rain, snow, etc.)
NOTE: This post will be modified as the date gets closer. We normally have a whole slew of rules and pair down to the final 10 closer to the show. Got a great idea for a rule? Let us know and you may help us battle the Beeramid!