WrestleMania 39 (marketed as WrestleMania Goes Hollywood) will once again be a two night affair and be held on Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd, 2023. SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California will the the venue, which was the original location of WrestleMania 37 before COVID-19 shut the world down. The Miz will serve as the official host for the event.
The Royal Rumble (which was tremendous by the way) is behind us so it’s officially BEERAMID SEASON!!!
As I’m sitting here typing up this post I’m going back through the site and I realize that I never posted a picture or recap of last year’s event. Sadly, Pip didn’t join us in Cleveland this year as he was on Spring break with his family. Sadder still he won’t be joining us this year for the same reason. That said, we DID manage to watch the show together via ZOOM and we still managed to have a blast (and I still built a small Beeramid over the two nights).
Not only did we get an opportunity to watch the show together, but for the first time ever, the coveted John Cena trophy has left the great state of Ohio and made its way to Indianapolis. That’s right… Pip won our confidence pool and is now the proud owner of Mr. Cena – congrats again sir!
I’ve been asked by several people where our yearly drinking game is, and while I’m REALLY late I’m happy to say the it’s here!
First for a little history lesson…
Starting way back with WrestleMania 25 Drinking game in 2009 (holy shit that’s 15 years ago), we’ve chronicled our rules here on the site. Starting with the WrestleMania 28 Drinking Game, we established some rules (10) for our game that would carry over from year to year and other rules (10 ish) that would be specific to that year’s Mania.
Year Over Year Rules
- 1 drink for a missed match outcome
- 3 drinks if title match
- 5 drinks if main event
- 1 drink for foreign object
- 3 drinks for a bloody wrestler
- 3 drinks for (unannounced) legend appearance or a surprise return
- 1 drink for a small package attempt
- finish beer if it wins the match
- 3 drinks for a face / heel turn
- 2 drinks for a submission victory
- 5 drinks for a double count out or double DQ
- 1 drink for a finisher
- 2 if opponent kicks out
- 1 drink every time they show footage of a previous WrestleMania (not including intro montage)
- 3 drinks for a title change
WrestleMania 39 Specific Rules
As of this writing we’re still a couple of weeks out from the show. Check back to this post from now till the opening bell of WrestleMania 39 for new rules being added.
- 1 drink every time Dusty Rhodes is mentioned.
- 1 drink every time Roman Reigns is referred to as ‘The Big Dog’
- 5 drinks if Rey Mysterio is unmasked
- 5 drinks if The Rock shows up
- 3 drinks if the crowd starts chanting “holy shit” during the Paul / Rollins match
- Drink for every ref bump during the Roman Reigns match (courtesy Dan S.)
Feel free to leave a comment below with a rule for this year’s game!