WrestleMania XXVIII (28 for you non-Roman numeral folks out there) will take place on April 1, 2012 in Miami, Florida. For the 7th time, Pip and I (and for the second year in a row, my brother Marko too!) will once again try to “walk that aisle” and build… The Beeramid.
Since WWE announced it’s Mania main event the day after last year’s show (Rock vs. John Cena for those not paying attention), I figured we’d better get going and put together rules of engagement for the evening’s festivities.
This year, we’re starting something a bit different. Moving forward, we’ll have 20 rules for each event. This first batch of 10 will carry over from year to year and the second batch will be Mania-specific rules.
Year Over Year Rules
- 1 drink for a missed match outcome / 3 drinks if title match / 5 drinks if main event
- 1 drink for foreign object
- 3 drinks for a bloody wrestler / 5 if an announcer references a “crimson mask”
- 3 drinks for (unannounced) legend appearance or a surprise return
- 1 drink for a small package attempt / finish beer if it wins the match
- 1 drink for each reference to the sponsored song
- 2 drinks for a submission victory
- 5 drinks for a double count out or double DQ
- 1 drink for a finisher / 2 if opponent kicks out / 4 if it’s reversed / Finish beer if the reversal directly leads to pin fall or submission
- 1 drink every time they show footage of a previous WrestleMania
- 1 drink for every mention of something “trending worldwide” on Twitter
- 2 drinks if a Diva and wrestler make out (each occurrence)
- 1 drink every time it’s mentioned that Miami is the Rock’s home town
- 3 drinks for each reference to CM Punk’s ice cream bar
- 5 drinks if the Rock announces he will return to the next WrestleMania
- 1 drink for each (different) chant of “lady parts”
- Finish beer if the RAW GM is revealed
- 3 drinks if Michaels super kicks someone (5 if he superkicks Undertaker AND HHH)
- 10 drinks for a definitive Cena heel turn
- 5 drinks for a ref bump / 7 is next ref gets bumped, etc.