As I get older, I tend to actually “plan” things less and less. Actually, now that I think about it, age really has nothing to do with it. Ever since I got married I rely on the Wife for my planning needs. I’m not quite sure where I’d be without her.
That said, when it comes to a Pip / Chewie weekend I’m pretty much on my own. I’m guessing that ever since Pip got married he’s also lost his ability to do any forward thinking so when you put the two of us in a room we have a tendency to pull the “What do you want to do? I don’t know… what do you want do?” thing.
However… THIS year… we’ve got somewhat of an agenda. I’m putting it here on the blog not cause it’s really anything all that great (except that it is) but really just so A) we remember to do everything that we wanted to do and B) we can look back years from now and remember what we actually did.
- WrestleMania 29 – This isn’t necessarily a list in order of importance, but let’s face it… this is the reason brother Pip makes the trek to Cleveland every year. We’re gonna sit in my basement on Sunday night, watch the show, play our WrestleMania 29 Drinking Game, build the Beeramid and have an absolutely outstanding time.
- Local Brews – During my last trip to Indianapolis, we took at tour (and got SEVERAL samples) at the Sun King Brewery downtown. We had such a great time that Pip suggested we go take in some local Cleveland beers. There are a whole slew of possibilities for this including Fat Heads, Great Lakes Brewing, Thirsty Dog, Market Garden, Buckeye Beer Engine, Willoughby Brewing Company or Lizardville. Where we ultimately end up may depend on #3 below (Or we may take in more than one!)
- The Spazmatics – If you’re not familiar with this band, they’re an epic 80’s cover band based here in Cleveland. http://spazmatics.blogspot.com I saw them for the first time when I attended the Winking Lizard World Tour Finisher’s Party. I know Pip holds 80’s music in the same regard that I do so I immediately put a Spazmatics show on my radar for this weekend. As if the Beeramid Gods are smiling on us… they Spazmatics are playing Saturday night at Willoughby Brewing Company. Boo ya!
- Data Center – Pip’s company has a data center located here in the Cleveland area that he’s never had an opportunity. I spose it’d be a good thing to have one thing on our agenda that didn’t revolve around beer.
- The Movies – There are a couple of great flicks that we may very well take in. Evil Dead hits theaters on 4/5 and G.I. Joe: Retaliation is already out there. If we go see Evil Dead you can expect to see a review over on ScareTissue.com. If we select Joe it’ll be reviewed here.
- The Annex – Even though he’s been there dozens of times and already realizes the brilliance that is the Annex Bar & Grille, Pip has yet to experience an Annex Burger. Sometime during this trip, this will be remedied.
In addition to everything listed here, the Boys are absolutely counting down the days until they get to see Mr. Matt. During his last trip the boys were out of town so it’s been 2 full years since they’ve seen him. Heads up Pip… your biggest fans are super excited to see you!